top menu

8/22/2011

Let's start at the very beginning

How about I start from the very beginning. Let me tell you first that you should definitely, and definitely work in a professional environment for a couple of years and gain some experience before you join the program. In that way, you will be able to relate your learning to your real life experiences and things will make more sense. I had three years work experience before I joined the MBA program, but I now wish it was longer. Having said that, let me now begin with how you can prepare for the admission test.

You can always choose to collect the learning materials and study at home (a lot of my batch mates have actually done that), but I would suggest you to go for coaching because, if for nothing else, it will regulate you. You have a number of options here like Mentor's, Saifur's, and some of the others out there. I had gone for Mentor's, but let me tell you not to be taken by shock if you find one of your instructors from Mentor's studying with you in the very same batch if you make it. Bottom line: Don't expect too much from these institutions, especially when it comes to language, and eventually, it is up to you. For Math and Analytical sections they do provide you with useful tips and tricks. I believe a 2-month dedicated preparation is more than adequate, but if you want to prepare for a longer time that's great. There's no guarantee that you will not come down with dengue fever two months before the exam (that happened to me when I was submitting my Internship report). Additionally, for math and the analytical sections, the more you practice, the faster you will be able to complete these sections. How fast you can solve these problems is very important here. If you ever prepared for GMAT or GRE you'll know what I mean. For instance, the mathematical problems you'll be asked to solve will be relatively easy but you will have to solve each of these problems in less than a minute. Also, don't forget about negative marking, although they tend to change their policies regarding that from time to time. So make sure to update yourself on that as well. The following short passages have been written on request right before my exam by my very good friend Abdullah Al Aabed, now a lecturer at IUB, and one of the talented people I know.

Pohela Boishak

The Bengali New Year starts on the 14th of April on the English calendar. On this day, Bengalis everywhere welcome the arrival of the New Year with a lot of hype and festivity. Bengalis living in Bangladesh are best able to observe the day in a befitting manner, as it is a public holiday. The day’s celebrations start early in the morning with groups of people getting together to enjoy poetry recitations and renditions of folk songs that mark the cultural heritage of the Bengalis. Dressed in traditional garb, it is customary for most people to follow this up with a traditional breakfast and subsequently roam the stalls of fairs that are held on this occasion throughout the day. Times have changed and Bengalis have evolved as a society, however, they have not forgotten to remind themselves of their heritage at the beginning of each year.

Traffic Congestion of Dhaka City


In recent times, the population explosion has been felt most strongly by urban areas of developing countries. Dhaka, the capital of the country, has been no exception. Lack of foresight and planning by the city fathers has led to narrow roads and lanes in a moderately new city like Dhaka. Upon their arrival in Dhaka, the only choice for the rural poor to earn a living has been to pull rickshaws through the already over-crowded by lanes of the city. On the main roads, increasing demand for public transport for the growing working class has caused a massive rise in the number of buses plying through the streets. Overall, the geometrically increasing number of vehicles running through the city’s roads is a challenge that the civil administration needs to address effectively. To that end, they have tried by introducing automated traffic lights and constructing flyovers to ease the congestion. So far, these measures have proved to be moderately effective. The search to reduce traffic congestion in the city continues.

Describe yourself in 100 words

Any attempt to use appropriate adjectives to depict oneself may be likened to constructing a balance sheet without liabilities. I consider my ability to get along with others as a major asset. Since I am personable, it helps me to accomplish the tasks on hand with a fair amount of ease. Growing up in a family of supportive and caring individuals, I recognize the importance of considering everyone’s opinion when taking major decisions. However, at the same time, having spent considerable time on my own during recent times, I value my independence and am able to take charge of situations should it be required. It would be fair to say that I consider myself, a versatile person who can adopt according to given circumstances.

Study the following words and establish the link: find out the theme, give a title and write a paragraph on the theme. you have to use all of the, following words in the paragraph, reason, leaves and flowers, diversity, songs, crops, season, enjoyment, weather, river, villages

Visit Bangladesh

I could list more than one reason why tourists should consider Bangladesh as a destination. While visiting Bangladesh they would be able to appreciate the distinctly different leaves and flowers that adorn the beautiful countryside. The diversity of wildlife in the Sunderbans is likely to amaze all who visit. A trip to any of the villages near a river of which Bangladesh has plenty of will also enhance the tourist’s experience and knowledge about the rural way of life. They will be able to see the crops being cultivated by farmers and also learn about different crops that are grown during each season. The folk songs of Bangladesh as sung by the indigenous tribes also should not be missed and would add to their enjoyment during their stay here. The pleasant mild weather of the country during the winter is the one tourists would enjoy the most. 

=======================================================================
My desktop monitor is not working, and my Eee PC doesn't come with a DVD drive, so I couldn't upload more materials. I will be back with more as soon as I get this fixed. In the meantime, please feel free to leave your comments below.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank You Mam...for ur valuable post....Allah Bless u.Keep it up.

Abdul Kader said...

After a long period of search, i found something that gets me more energy and eagerness to take the challenge for the admission at IBA. Subscribed and started to read all your posts.

I must say, Great effort.

Thanks

ভার্চুয়াল স্কুল said...

Great!!I It is great helpful form me..But I want to know the list of some book that I can read for admission..........

Arifur Rahman said...

Great post .

Post a Comment